Responsible Employee (CSU Faculty and Staff)

All CSU employees, including student employees, and volunteers, are designated as Responsible Employees and are required to report any information related to incidents of sex-based discrimination, harassment, interpersonal violence, and/or retaliation disclosed to them to the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity.

For more information regarding University policy and positions exempt from Responsible Employee reporting obligations, you can contact the Title IX Office directly at (970) 491 – 1715 or review Definitions on Title IX’s website.

You can submit a Responsible Employee report here or by going to ‘File a Report’ on Title IX’s website.     

To speak with someone confidentially, refer to the Confidential resources noted below.

Title IX Syllabus/Course Information Language

A faculty member serving as an academic or activity advisor is a Responsible Employee and has the responsibility to report to the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity any incident of sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking and/or retaliation of which they become aware. Faculty members are not considered Responsible Employees in the ordinary course of classroom or online instruction.

The University strongly encourages all faculty to share reporting options and supportive resources with a student who discloses experiencing sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking and/or retaliation. It is important to be responsive to a student sharing a traumatic experience by connecting the student with resources that will assist the student immediately and ensure their safety and wellbeing.

Faculty are encouraged to include the following language regarding Title IX reporting and student resources in their course syllabi or course content handouts to students:

If you have experienced sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and/or stalking, know that you are not alone. Confidential victim advocates through the Victim Assistance Team in the Women and Gender Advocacy Center are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide support at 970-492-4242. For full information about reporting sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking and/or retaliation please go to the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity (

Confidential Support On-Campus

Women and Gender Advocacy Center: Victim Assistance Team (VAT)

  • Advocates are available to provide confidential crisis intervention and emotional support through the Women and Gender Advocacy Center. We provide information about academic, legal, medical, emotional, and student conduct resources to survivors of sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking. We also offer support to secondary survivors, such as intimate partners, friends, family, and you. Our advocates are here to serve people, no matter how they identify.
  • The 24-hour Victim Assistance Team is available to assist survivors of interpersonal violence and their loved ones 24/7/365. Call 970-492-4242 and ask to speak with an advocate. Advocates are also available for drop-ins or scheduled appointments during business hours at 112 Student Services. All information shared with advocates is confidential unless the person is a danger to themselves, someone is in imminent danger, a child currently under 18 has been abused or if the perpetrator is currently in a position of power over minors (even if the survivor is over the age of 18).

Note: VAT is a student resource on campus, employees with concerns for a student can call and utilize VAT.

(970) 492‐4242 (24-Hour Hotline)
(970) 491‐6384 (WGAC Office)

Location for drop-in or appointment:
112 Student Services (corner of Libby Coy Way and University)
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm.

Email: [email protected]

Office of the Ombudsperson
Provides conflict resolution and negotiation support and services.  All services are confidential.

(970) 491-5121

Confidential Support Off-Campus

Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Provides counseling and crisis intervention services.   

(800) 497-9133
(970) 491‐1527

EAP Online Access:
*Company Web ID: CSUEAP (Use this ID to create an account)

(Note: There are 6 free Counseling sessions offered through EAP (per family member))

Sexual Assault Victim Advocate Center (SAVA) 
Provides counseling and advocacy services.

970‐472‐4200 (24-Hour Rape Crisis Hotline)
970‐472‐4204 (Fort Collins Office)

Crossroads Safehouse (Domestic Violence) 
Provides counseling, crisis intervention, and advocacy services.

970-482-3502 (24-Hour Crisis Hotline)
970‐530‐2353 (Fort Collins Office)

Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) 
Provides counseling by phone or online communication.

1‐800‐656‐4673 (24-Hour National Crisis Hotline)
Live Online Chat:

Non-Confidential Support

Tell Someone
Tell Someone provides you professional access to discuss mental health or safety concerns that you may have about a student or employee on campus.

(970) 491-1715

Bias Reporting 

Any member of the University community can make a report about a perceived bias-related incident. If you believe you have experienced bias or have witnessed bias firsthand, please click here to fill out a bias-related incident report.